Mission & Objectives
Created in 1958, the European Organisation of the Sawmill Industry aisbl (EOS) is an international non-profit organisation that represents the interests of the sawmill industries on European and international level. EOS currently gathers the national sawmilling associations of thirteen European countries. At the same time, EOS is a member of the European Confederation of Woodworking Industries (CEI-Bois).
The mission of the European Organisation of the Sawmill Industry is:
- To assure synergy between its members;
- To defend the interests of the sector;
- To submit positions and resolutions;
- To monitor information to and from members;
- To carry out studies (social, economical, and environmental);
- To coordinate the promotion of the use of wood.
The main objective of EOS is to deal with all the issues concerning the European timber processing industry, especially to:
- Represent and defend the common interests of its members before international bodies and, if necessary, in co-operation with its members, before national authorities;
- Provide a good and permanent relationship between the trade organisations which are Members;
- Develop all activities in favour of European produced timber products, in particular in the fields of promotion, research, standardisation and trade policy;
- Analyse the economic, social and technical developments regarding the primary timber processing.