The main decision body is the General Assembly, which is held at least once a year.
All members are represented in this Assembly. Within EOS, decisions are taken on a unanimous basis. The Board of Directors is elected by the General Assembly for a period of 2 years and is responsible for the proper functioning of the organisation. The Board consists of a President, two Vice-Presidents and the board members. The Board of Directors nominates the Secretary General in charge of the daily management of the organisation. The Board may also nominate Advisory Committees, consisting of experts, which can only have an advisory role.
All the EOS members are represented in the General Assembly.
Board of Directors (mandate 2017-2019)
as voted during the EOS General Assembly held on 21 June 2017, in Vienna
- Sampsa Auvinen – Board Member of several sawmills – Second Mandate
- Ernest Schilliger – CEO of Schilliger Holz AG (Switzerland) – Second Mandate
- Joël Lefebvre – Managing Director of Lefebvre Group (France) – Second Mandate
- Constantin Arion – CEO of Forestfalt S.A. (Romania)
- Carsten Doehring – Managing Director of Ilim Timber (Germany)
- Mikael Eliasson – Director of Skogsindustrierna (Sweden)
- Herbert Jöbstl – CEO of Stora Enso Wood Products (Austria)
- Kai Merivuori – Managing Director of the Finnish Sawmills Association Sahateollisuus (Finland)
- Hans Michael Offner – President of Johann Offner Holzindustrie GmbH
(EOS Honorary President) (Austria)
- Thomas Sève – General Director of Monnet-Sève SA Sève (France)
- Marc Siat – General Manager of Siat Braun SA (France) replaced by Nicolas Douzain-Didier – Director of Fédération Nationale du Bois (Franceà)
- Jean-Claude Sève – XXXXX of Monnet-Sève SA (EOS Honorary Board Member) (France)