The main decision body is the General Assembly, which is held at least once a year.
All members are represented in this Assembly. Within EOS, decisions are taken on a unanimous basis. The Board of Directors is elected by the General Assembly for a period of 2 years and is responsible for the proper functioning of the organisation. The Board consists of a President, two Vice-Presidents and the board members. The Board of Directors nominates the Secretary General in charge of the daily management of the organisation. The Board may also nominate Advisory Committees, consisting of experts, which can only have an advisory role.
All the EOS members are represented in the General Assembly.
On 24th June 2021, the EOS General Assembly voted the new composition of the EOS Board Member for 2021-2023.
- Herbert Jöbstl – CEO of Stora Enso Wood Products (Austria)
- Ernest Schilliger – CEO of Schilliger Holz AG (Switzerland) – Fourth Mandate
- Maria Kiefer-Polz – Sales Leader of European Hardwood Production (Austria) – Second Mandate
New EOS Honorary President
- Sampsa J. Auvinen –3 mandates as EOS President and one mandate as EOS Board Member
- Jānis Apsitis- Chairman of the Board Kurekss (Latvia) – I° mandate
- Nicolas Douzain-Didier – Director of Fédération Nationale du Bois (France)
- Mathias Fridholm – Director of Skogsindustrierna (Sweden)
- Stephan Lang – CEO of Rettenmeier (Germany)
- Kai Merivuori – Managing Director of the Finnish Sawmills Association Sahateollisuus (Finland)
- Ciprian Muscă– President of ASFOR (Romania) - I° mandate
- Thomas Sève – General Director of Monnet-Sève SA Sève (France)
- Hans Michael Offner – Johann Offner Holzindustrie GmbH (Austria)
Honorary Board Member
- Jean-Claude Sève – Monnet-Sève SA (France)