The main decision body is the General Assembly, which is held at least once a year.
All members are represented in this Assembly. Within EOS, decisions are taken on a unanimous basis. The Board of Directors is elected by the General Assembly for a period of 2 years and is responsible for the proper functioning of the organisation. The Board consists of a President, two Vice-Presidents and the board members. The Board of Directors nominates the Secretary General in charge of the daily management of the organisation. The Board may also nominate Advisory Committees, consisting of experts, which can only have an advisory role.
All the EOS members are represented in the General Assembly.
Board of Directors (mandate 2019-2021)
as voted during the EOS General Assembly held on 18 June 2019, in Vienna
- Sampsa Auvinen – Board Professional (Latvia) – Third Mandate
- Ernest Schilliger – CEO of Schilliger Holz AG (Switzerland) – Third Mandate
- Maria Kiefer-Polz – Sales Leader of European Hardwood Production (Austria) – First Mandate
- Nicolas Douzain-Didier – Director of Fédération Nationale du Bois (France)
- Mathias Fridholm – Director of Skogsindustrierna (Sweden)
- Herbert Jöbstl – CEO of Stora Enso Wood Products (Austria)
- Stephan Lang – CEO of Rettenmeier Director of Ilim Timber (Germany)
- Kai Merivuori – Managing Director of the Finnish Sawmills Association Sahateollisuus (Finland)
- Nicolae Tucunel – CEO of Forestfalt S.A. (Romania)
- Thomas Sève – General Director of Monnet-Sève SA Sève (France)
- Hans Michael Offner – Johann Offner Holzindustrie GmbH (Austria)
Honorary Board Member
- Jean-Claude Sève – Monnet-Sève SA (France)