The primary goal of EOS is to further the interests of the European sawmilling sector and to this end, it aims to influence EU policy-making. It is the main body representing and defending the interests of the European sawmill industry towards the European Union.
The mission of the European Organisation of the Sawmill Industry is:
- To assure synergy between its members;
- To defend the interests of the sector;
- To submit positions and resolutions;
- To monitor information to and from members;
- To carry out studies (social, economical, and environmental);
- To coordinate the promotion of the use of wood.
The main objective of EOS is to deal with all the issues concerning
the European timber processing industry, especially to:
- Represent and defend the common interests of its members before international bodies and, if necessary, in co-operation with its members, before national authorities;
- Provide a good and permanent relationship between the trade organisations
which are members;
- Develop all activities in favour of European produced timber products, in particular
in the fields of promotion, research, standardisation and trade policy;
- Analyse the economic, social and technical developments regarding
the primary timber processing.