ANNOUNCEMENT EOS GENERAL ASSEMBLY
On 21 June 2017 the EOS General Assembly will take place in the city of Vienna.
In this occasion, the EOS President and the EOS Board Members will be elected for the mandate 2017-2019
During the EOS Summer Meeting, a presentation on “Timberland Investments – Implications and Opportunities to the Sawmilling Industry” will be given by Mr Jarno Seppala, Head of Forest Industry and Bio Solutions Consulting | Indufor Oy.
Dr. Andreas Kleinschmit Von Lengefeld, FCBA Director Innovation and Research will provide participants with an overview on “Research and Innovation in a sawmill prospective”.
As per tradition, during the EOS Summer General Assembly, the EOS Members will receive a copy of the Annual Report 2016/2017. This year edition includes the following special focus:
- CHINA AND EAST ASIA by Jenny Wessung, CEO at Woodstat AB
- THE MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA (MENA): Economic and Wood Market Trends 2017, by Mr Guillaume Hotelin, Deputy CEO at COMARBOIS
- IMPACT OF U.S. DUTIES ON CANADIAN AND EUROPEAN SAWNWOOD EXPORTERS DELIVERED SAWNWOOD COST CURVE AND COMPETITIVENESS SET TO CHANGE by Russ Taylor, President International WOOD MARKETS Group Vancouver, BC
- STATUS AND TRENDS OF TIMBER CONSTRUCTION IN BELGIUM by Mr Hugues Frère, Secretary General of Fédération Nationale Belge des Scieries and Director of Hout Info Bois
Copy of the 2017/2017 EOS Annual Report are also available for sale. Please do not hesitate the EOS Secretariat in order to pre-order your copy: firstname.lastname@example.org
The EOS Secretariat will provide a presentation on the impact of the European legislation on the sawmill industry and on the European trade issues.
EOS Forthcoming events:
- International Softwood Conference, Hamburg, the 4th - 6th October 2017;
- EOS Board Members meeting and EOS General Assembly on 4 October, Hamburg;
- International Hardwood Conference, Venice, 15th -17th November 2017;
- EOS Board Members meeting, 15 December 2017, Brussels.